Competitive Program Player Placement (TRYOUTS)
Texas Rush Player Placement Information
If you are a highly competitive soccer player wanting to develop your skills and be a member of a club that uses a proven system of developing players and successful teams, then join the Texas Rush Soccer Club. Texas Rush invites all current U10 to U17 male and female soccer players to attend tryouts for our 2013/2014 Division I, Division 1 Qualifying, Super 2, and Division 2 competitive teams.
2013 Player Placement (Tryouts) Schedule (see below)
- Boys & Girls age groups: U11-U13
- Boys & Girls age groups: U14-U18
- 2013 Conroe/Magnolia/Montgomery/Willis Boys & Girls Tryout schedule
Player Placement (Tryout) Process
Dates and Location:
- Dates of U11/U12/U13 age groups (for 2013/14) will be May 13/14th, 2013. Rainout date is May 15th.
- Dates of U14 to U18 age groups (for 2013/14) will be June 3rd/4th, 2013. Rainout date is June 5th.
- Competitive tryout sessions will be held at Bear Branch Sportsfields & Carl Barton Jr. Park. For directions to fields, please click on park name above.
*For specific details for each age group, please click on age group schedule above. Please note rain out dates in case a session is cancelled due to inclement weather.
All those participating in tryouts will need to bring a soccer ball, shin guards and plenty of water.
Player Placement (Tryout) Registration:
Current Texas Rush Competitive players DO NOT need to register for tryouts. Recreational, Youth Academy and players new to Texas Rush tryouts can register by REGISTER HERE.
Conroe/Magnolia/Montgomery/Willis players that wish to register for tryouts at Carl Barton Jr. Fields REGISTER HERE.
By pre-registering you will speed up check-in on the days of your tryouts considerably. Once you have registered for tryouts all you need to do is attend the two sessions for your specific age group.
Players Missing Player Placement (Tryouts) Dates:
Players new to the area who miss tryouts can be evaluated on an individual basis at any time of the year. If you have moved to town after tryouts, please call the Texas Rush office at 281-298-2180 to schedule an evaluation.
Player Placement Evaluation Process:
Returning Rush players, your evaluation has been an ongoing process since last August when the soccer year began. Each day whether the player has been training or playing in a game the team coach is evaluating their soccer abilities and their commitment to their team. Your placement on the team for the next year is determined mostly by their overall performance during the previous year’s play. Going into the tryouts, the Technical Staff will have a fair idea were the returning players fit when comparing their abilities. The tryout sessions are specifically used to compare returning players to any new players who attend the tryout sessions. Therefore we strongly recommend that players, returning and new, attend as many of the tryout sessions as possible to give themselves the best opportunity to be evaluated against all of their peers.
Each tryout session will last for an hour and a half and will consist of small-sided games such as 4v4 or 7v7 and full-sided games. When evaluating players during the season or at the tryout sessions, the Technical Staff evaluate each player in four different areas: technical (skill) speed of play, tactical (decision making) speed of play, physical (abilities) speed of play, and the competitive psychological traits of the player. In the first three areas identified above each player is evaluated on the speed to which they can execute skill with success, decide when and what to do and their movement around the field. In the fourth area, psychological competiveness, each player is evaluated on their competitive toughness: will to win, work rate and willingness to learn.
Team Placement and Notification Process:
The technical staff will place every player that wants to participate in our program for the upcoming year based on the number of players who want to be placed and their ability level. In placing every player only their abilities, the players and their families commitment and if the family is in good financial standing with the club will be the factors used. All placements will be determined by which level of play best suits the ability of each player. Once the final tryout session is completed, the Technical Staff will compare and contrast each player's abilities in each age group. Each player will then be placed on either a competitive team or recommended for our recreational program. Notification of team placement will be made by a Texas Rush Technical Staff representative 48 to 72 hours following the final tryout session. This notification will be done via e-mail. At this point each player/family has 24 Hours to accept or reject the offer. An email response is requested and preferred. If we do not receive a response we assume you are not accepting and the team spot will be offered it to the next player on our list.
Player Registration for 2013/14:
- REGISTRATION FEES MUST BE PAID BY:
- U11-13: May 17th
- U14-18: June 6th
- (Print paper registration form)
Once you send your acceptance e-mail please go on-line and click on the "Member Login" button to register and pay the club registration fees for 2013/14. Please follow the steps below:
- Go on-line to our website at www.texasrush.com
- Current Members: click on "MEMBER LOG-IN" button on the left on the top of our home page. Enter your username and password on this page.
- New Members: If you need to create a member account then on this page click on the circle next to "NO, I DO NOT HAVE A MEMBER LOG-IN." This will bring up tabs to create your member log with username and password. Fill in and create your personal member log-in account. Once you have created an account please enter your member account by using your password and username.
- Once you are logged into your account select the player you wish to register and select Division 1 Qualifying, Division 1 or Division 2/Super 2 by gender and age group.
- Please follow directions to pay by credit card. You will have an option to sign up for a payment plan or pay in full.
- If you need assistance with registration, please contact the Texas Rush office at 281-298-2180 and ask for an Administrator.
Team Meetings: - attendance is highly recommended.
Once a roster spot is accepted and the registration fees are paid a parent of the player are highly encouraged to attend a team meeting. Important information regarding the upcoming season will be discussed.
ALL TEAM MEETINGS WILL TAKE PLACE AT LONESTAR COLLEGE-MONTGOMERY on 242.
U14-18 Teams: THURSDAY JUNE 6TH Time: T.B.A
1. Returning players-please bring:
- Check written to Texas Rush Soccer Club for registration if fee has not been paid on-line.
- Completed Scholarship Application (see links below) and fee if applicable.
- Payment for registration if fee has not been paid on-line.
- If applicable - completed Financial Aid/Scholarship Application with payment (see links above.)
- Copy of player's Birth Certificate.
At parent meetings the Technical staff will discuss team plans for the upcoming fall season, club rules and the remaining financial costs of being a team member.